Thursday, November 1, 2007

What does a football player, miniature bride and Dorothy from Oz have in common?

That is how our kids dressed up for Halloween. They looked forward to this day for a long time. Of course the challenge is to find costumes that are unique, fun for the kids and not scary or evil and cheap!! This year we bought Cameron the Colt's jersey and he borrowed shoulder pads and the helmet from www.mybigbrownopinion.blogspot.com Thanks a million Brent!!! (it pays to have pack rat friends ha)Sarah Brooke used the dress from Curtis and Jennifers wedding and Miss Ashley was in a hand me down from Sarah Brooke. So I think we covered the cute, fun for kids and cheap part :)
Our friends, the Englands, came to our neighborhood to trick or treat with us. Part of the fun is doing it with your friends so Thank you for coming Danny, Ronda, Corey, Cassie and Cade. We trick or treated then raced off to prayer meeting. After church we had a snack time for the kids. I took spider crackers (ritz crackers & peanut butter w/pretzels for legs and chocolate chips for eyes) I got the idea from www.kraftfoods.com/halloween also brownies w/cool whip on top then I used chocolate syrup and made a spider web on top. I barely got them done in time to take to church and in the flurry of activity I didn't take a picture. Sorry.
It is fun to watch the kids look through their loot. It all looks like sugar to me. They know what candy belongs to who though. Another fun year for the history books or in my case scrap book.
October 31, 2007

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

After a good cry,I have to say those pics are priceless!! Oh man, to be there for those occations would be sooo fun !! Dad said maybe nextg year we can plan to be there for Holloween. Love Mamaw Kansas

Heather said...

Their costumes were so cute. I liked looking at the pictures!

Anonymous said...

Your kids looked so cute! Loved their costumes.

Bette said...

Yes I think you very definitely covered cute, fun and cheap. Very creative and clever. All 6 kids looked adorable....bette

Ronda said...

Thanks for letting us trick or treat with you all...We made more good memories, didn't we? Do you realize that we have been "tricking" together probably about 7-8 years now? We have a history! Your kids all looked adorable...good job on the costumes! I felt sad when reading your Mom's comment...I know how much they would love to live closer so that they could share in your kid's lives! Maybe they should move to Indiana!(smile)

My Big Brown Opinion said...

I'm a little dissappointed, I was hoping to see them all dressed up, especially Cameron. Thanks for the good word in your blog though, my daily visitors have doubled the past couple of days!

The Going Blog said...

yeah, they are wanting to know what a pack rat looks like :)

My Big Brown Opinion said...

Pack rat? That's a cheap shot! You've mentioned it twice now so you must assume that you're right. Want to compare fridge pictures?

Beth Stetler said...

Thanks for your post on my blog. We've always liked Mexican food! You'll have to get a church group together and come and see us!!

Anonymous said...

Why is a guy a "packrat" just because he happens to have a helmet and shoulder pads? I think you are assuming too much.

David Going said...

Hey Anonymous, how is the weather out there in Kansas?

David Going said...

Hey Anonymous, you can run, but you can't hide! How's the new server working for you?