Friday, April 4, 2008

Guess this handy dandy basket...


This basket is one of my larger ones and for you organizers out there you would love the 3 pocket feature. My Mother made this one. Each individual basket doesn't get used for lots of different things. I'll explain... When I'm given one or purchase one their usefulness is determined right away. Kinda like the bowl for mashed potatoes. Once it's determined the mashed potatoes look and fit in a certain bowl best then it is forever used for that purpose. Don't you have a mashed potato bowl? Well it is that way with my baskets. They just say to me what their usefulness is and it sticks with them. So what do you think this basket has been used for since 1999?

9 comments:

Michelle said...

Hmm, it looks like it is on top of your fridge because of the smaller cabinets. In that case, if you were me, you'd have things that need to stay out of reach of the kids. Whatever that may be...lol

Steven had his tonsils and adenoids taken out last summer so I feel for you having to go through it twice! He hurt the worst when the scab fell off. Before that he wouldn't even take any medicine. He is sleeping so much better and wakes up less grumpy! Before he would snore loud and gasp for air all the time. It was quite scary.

The Going Blog said...

You are on the right track for one of the pockets. :) The whole breathing issue is why we had Cameron and Sarah Brooke's tonsils taken out. Cameron has been in pain for most of this week. It makes his ears hurt. His throat looks really good and getting back to the pink color that it should be. However Sarah Brooke still has very thick, nasty looking scabs but no pain after the 3rd day. My schedule or lack there of :) and prayer seems to have helped me cope with this healing process and my nursing duties. How's that for an update. ha

Martha C said...

Sharp kitchen utensils?

Ronda said...

I'll guess extra paper napkins, cut out coupons, and leftover candy(Christmas, Valentine, Easter...etc., etc.! ha!).

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Karla Cook @ Roads to Everywhere said...

Hmm... I was going to guess magazines... but reading the other comments, I realize I'm on the wrong track. Ronda's guess sounds likely to me!

Anonymous said...

I promise the next time I am over at your house I am going to go around and study all of your baskets. It bugs me that I recognize the basket and can't for the life of me remember what you put in it. I think I remember sippy cups and lids in this one, but since you don't need those anymore I am not sure. I really need to learn to be more observant.

Bette said...

Having never been to your home, I am anxiously waiting for the answer to the way this basket is used....bette

The Going Blog said...

Oh Bette, I can't believe you have never been in my home :-( I must remedy that!! Lower your expectation of a perfect place and drop by sometime.