Thursday, October 18, 2007
Okay, Okay People...
I created a monster with that last post. Who knew that just being real would bring out the ire in people. I was greatly misunderstood by Anonymous too :) Thank you to all that wrote and were positive. Here's the deal...Sarah (with an H) Brooke has pictures hung all over the living room plus what you saw on the fridge. I guess if I was trying to squelch her creativity then I wouldn't have let her do that. Seriously people you can't keep every paper! I keep samples of her work. The offensive Ugh remark in the post was because I'm still cleaning up from this creative binge :) This blog world has been a fun thing for me so hopefully anonymous will get a life and name that they are proud of enough to include with their remarks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
24 comments:
Good Morning, Martha! I could not believe the stir that the previous blog caused(When I wrote my comment I honestly thought somebody was playing a prank(I'll leave who I thought it was unsaid..ha!)...I do believe that it was "one" unknown person who obviously misunderstood you and was not nice at all....Please don't let someone like this take the fun of blogging away for you! You ARE a good person and a wonderful "Mommy"! I don't think there is one Mom who would keep every single paper...I have a special drawer for select papers that I will treasure for ever...I've decided that some people just must not have a life! Like I said....Forget about it and keep on blogging! Love ya!
You are a wonderful Mom and daughter-in-law. Remember, I passed on a bag of those artistic papers, etc. to you all that I had saved through the years, but by no means did I save everything.
Love you much,
Way to go Martha! Obviously whoever has left unkind remarks does not know you! I am sure this was not fun for you, but personally I found it humorous as it got more and more blown out of proportion. Hopefully after a while you will be able to laugh at your post that has had the most responses. :) Of course we all know you are a great mother that's what makes it so funny.
-Kristen
Still chuckling. . .:-) You certainly found a way to get lots of comments, huh?! Makes me wonder if some people keep all of their babies' soiled diapers, too!
All of us who know the REAL Martha realize what a special Mom and person you are. So I will continue to check each day for the next blog from the The Going Blog. I enjoy knowing you and your family better. love you, bette
Well, well Marty ! No one will ever say to my face that you are not letting creativiy grow !! Obviously someone doesn't know the sweet Martha we do ) Love you bunches !! MOM
I didnt read anywhere in the previous post about them being on the living room walls also! i thought it was just the refrigerator you were making a big deal about!
Wow, it sounds like you've caused quite a stir!:-) I'm with Martha C., it's funny how people like to give their opinion but not leave their name! I don't know you real well, but from what I've seen of you at camp I can tell you are a wonderful mother. And my Mollie makes numerous pieces of artwork daily - there is no way I could keep all of it. I have a huge stack just from the last few weeks and I've already "got rid" of alot of it. By the way, did you know that you can delete comments? Just a thought. :-) I totally understood what you were trying to say in the first post.
And I repeat :), you can also choose not to allow anonymous comments. Unfortunately, this prevents friends and family without blogs from commenting, but it also takes care of 99% of ugly commentary. The REST of us are enjoying your blog and hope you won't let one bully without a name ruin it for you. Those look like happy, well-adjusted kids in a godly home to me. :)
I must say my piece! You are one of the BEST mommies I know! I think "anonymous" is enjoying all the attention! I must confess that a lot of art finds it way out the door in our house, BUT we do recycle the paper, JUST KIDDING:0)Keep on bloggin girl! Your cousin~in~law loves you writing, I do delete email though, I don't know that might really offend you:)
O.k. So you all missed the point. All of you blogging buddies somehow got sidetracked about how many papers to save. I do not believe any of the anon. responders said anything about the need for saving all papers made by the kids. What the point was was that some were offended that a mother would make such insensitive comments about her child's creativity. That's all. It is really that simple. And by the way, what is wrong with a little debate. Just because someone sees things differently does not make them a bully, as one commenter stated. When one posts a blog for the world to see, should not that person be prepared for response? Or is it o.k. only when the response is positive?
Aw, shucks. Martha got the "mother of the year" award. I was hoping it would be me. Better luck next year (frown).
Hanging Sara's papers all over the living room will not squelch her creativity. Negative remarks about the creativity will squelch it.
Bullies don't sign their name. They don't get any credibility in my life. I think the misunderstanding came in where I said (as in never to see or find again) I was refering to the mound of papers not her creativity. I'm bad about thinking people can read my mind and know what I'm thinking. I have left it open for anonymous writers because of the fact that not all of my readers :) have their own blog. I'm off to fulfill my responsibilities as Mother of the Year :)
You mean people CAN'T read our minds?! Oh dear... :)
Hi Martha! I wasin formed that i had to read your blog.LOL I usually check it everyday but I have been busy. Boy did I miss alot!I just want you to knwo that I agree with you on everything you said. ( I have a pack rat too) I will also say that i too think you are a great mom and would never do or say anything mean to hurt your kids. Hopefully I will be in town next time you come to visit.8o)
Let's all encourage our kids to draw! It doesn't matter if we save the papers or if we throw them out in the garbage! All that matters is the kid is having a good time! Also: Just because some stupid anonoymous person doesnt agree doesnt mean that you are wrong and they are right! or vice versa it is just an opinion she gave hers so we are free to give ours! next how can that person know the real martha by the way she posts? a mother who lets their children hang pictures up without complaining would be a nice one! it really doesnt matter! you all keep your opinions and everyone else will keep theirs! you bloggers are so quick to express your opinion but when someone challenges you for a debate you get all offened! i am not talking about martha! she accepted the challenge with grace! and she took it well! way to go! i say the debates are an awesome attribute to the blog! lets keep doing it(smile!) and you all just remember to encourage children to draw and who cares about the papers being saved!
I love you you love me were a happy family with a great big hug and kiss from me to you wont you say you love me to?!
oh by the way! you all act like you have no college education! puhlease grow up and act like you are adults (i dont mean martha at all!) some of the people who commented! she laughed it off you all acted like you were going to go into cardiac arrest (heart attack fyi)
PS- I am not saying martha is a mean mother! I am sure she is wonderful! her kids pictures look fantastic!
I thought I would add my 2 cents worth. But you will have to go to my blog to see it... www.DavidGoing.blogspot.com.
1) You should never hang papers on the fridge. Remember, it only takes one to slip from the hold of the magnet, fall underneath, and stop the fan. Be careful! 2) The real question is: What does Sarah think about the situation? These are her pictures and her opinion is really the only one that counts. Since I haven't talked with her lately, I'll trust the judgement of her mother. 3) If she wants to keep it all, teach her that artists keep a portfolio of their work. Buy a three ring binder and fill it with her precious art work. She'll be happy you saved it and you can easily save it for years without the clutter.
trisha needs to learn to spell:
refrigerator, whether... and sentence structure!!
Hi! I just stumbled on your blog from a friend's blog, so you are a total stranger. I just have to say there was nothing wrong with your previous entry. I was totally appalled by anonymous. I am a God-fearing, homeschooling mom whose talent happens to be art. Either that person has no kids or has emotional issues that she is venting out on you. Jesus can help her get rid of her frustrations and learn how to treat others. I am saying a prayer for her. --Falena
Falena-
I don't have any of those issues! in fact I too am a God fearing person! I just happen to have a difference of opinion! This has nothing to do with what you were talking about! It's all about the attitude in which it was said in!
Post a Comment