Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Christmas at the zoo

We have had a zoo membership this year and we knew this was one of the things we wanted to do for Christmas. We started out at the White River Gardens where they had this huge tree in the atrium. The gardens were transformed into a train collectors dream. Mostly large scale sets going everywhere. They provided a list of things to look for and find along the way.

I wish my camara was working properly but I still love this picture. We got to see Santa and Miss Ashley was the only one that wanted to talk to him. As we got closer I asked her what she was going to ask for and she said "shirts". Nothing about the laughing baby doll or something normal like that. Come to find out she was wanting the shirts for her Polly pockets. She looked adorable walking around the zoo in her pink coat, gloves and hat. We road the train around to see the lights. The kids haven't riden before and Ashley was a little nervous. David went to put her on his lap and her boot caught and fell off the train!! We hadn't gone very far so when we came back to the depot we had to have them get it for us. It kept the next train and all the people waiting. I'm so sorry people.

The kids letting Mommy take their picture. There were some awesome places for pictures like for a Christmas card if only I had children that were interested and a camara that worked.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Ronda said...

Sounds like a fun evening! Loved the pictures! Christmas is such a fun time of the year....I am glad that you are taking time to enjoy it with your family!

Bette said...

I have always thought Christmas at the Zoo sounds like a really fun event. Not sure what you mean is wrong with the camera - but the kids look wonderful and the Chritmas lites makes it all look so magical....bette