Friday, April 18, 2008
I survived the '08 earthquake..
This morning I was awakened by the bed shaking, the door squeaked and a general unsettling feeling. David immediately said " I think that was an earthquake". My mind was trying to figure it out and it didn't naturally go for that possibility. I grew up in Oklahoma where the great fear is tornadoes not earthquakes so I was thinking(very sleepy mind) we were having really strong winds or something. When we turned the radio on it was announced that indeed there had been an earthquake. 5.2 magnitude. Now that is an earthquake! We are actually about 170 miles from the epicenter so no damage to report, thankfully. Very strange, unforgettable experience
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
that was a a scary time. I survived too. Michelle
I saw that on the Drudge Report online this morning. Glad all is well. Must have been scary!
Danny felt out hotel sway...I was sound asleep! We didn't find out that it was an "earthquake" until later that day! Amazing!! We just got home at 12:30 this am and are "recovering" today after a great week! See ya tomorrow!
Thanks for writing this.
Post a Comment