![]() |
| Playhouse 2008 |
Wednesday, August 6, 2008
The playhouse comes to Indiana....
We had a phone message when we got home last Wednesday night that Mother and Daddy decided that this weekend would be the better one after all to bring the playhouse. The kids were scheduled for a sleep over at the Englands the night that they would arrive. We decided to keep those plans and surprise the kids with the "finished" playhouse. It felt funny not having them but it was by far the better plan since they would have been wanting to be in the big middle of the construction. We finished it up just in time to go meet them on Friday. Boy, were the kids surprised to see Grandpa and Grandma. Then we brought them home to a playhouse in the backyard. It is an ongoing project but I think it is adorable like it is. Dad had saved the roof job until Saturday morning. We used up the pleasant morning hrs. sipping coffee and chatting, waiting on the kids to get up. Then the day got hot and the kids wanted to play in the pool. Before long it started to look like rain so Dad had to go put on the tar paper in his swimming clothes (hence the green shorts). We have had shingles in the garage from when they built our house and now we are finally able to use them. We had just enough too! A light was installed because they may want to play in there after dark. :-) Thank you Mother and Daddy for a delightful and whimsical playhouse. We LOVE it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
I love the playhouse! I'm sure your kids will really enjoy it.
It's adorable!
How adorable!
So neat! What a great surprise!
So neat! What a great surprise!
That is just TOO cute...bet there will be many hours of fun in that little yellow house! I know that "I" would have loved it as a little girl! :)
Isn't it amazing what grandparents will do for the little guys?????
Like we never did anything for the big guys !!
Sure looks cute in your yard now !! i love just thinking about the kids playing house like I did as a kid !! Enjoy...Mamaw
very cute! I love it. they will have fun playing with in it.
It is just wonderful. I know there will be many hours of joy spent there. Looks pretty good in your backyard as well. Those grandparents are very talented....bette
Oh, that is so fun!!! As soon as our little one sees it, she'll be wanting us to follow through with the plan too! I'm so happy for your girls. xo rachel
Post a Comment