![]() |
| Campout and our day with the bikers |
Tuesday, September 18, 2007
What we have been up to...
This past Friday we met my parents Howard and Jeanne and camped out together. They rode their bikes up with another couple to participate in a bikers tour of covered bridges. Indiana is the covered bridge capital. This particular group was the Valkyrie riders which is in the Honda family. We spent a chilly Friday evening and night and woke to a very chilly Saturday but it warmed up nice and we had a wonderful day together. My folks rode with us and we taged along behind the riders for the tour. On our way back to our campsite we came by an accident that had happened moments before. 3 golfers on their way home t-boned a tree. They all survived and I'm glad but very angry that they were drunk and they could have hit a family. We enjoyed another meal together before we packed up and our little family headed home. I didn't properly prepare Sarah Brooke of how short the visit would be and she left one sad little girl. Dad gave her a bottle of Mountain Dew before we left and she guarded it like a prize. Mom and Dad left Sunday morning early. We came home and hopefully washed away our camp "aroma". Sunday night we were invited over to the Four under Four families home. They had a fire on the patio and grilled hamburgers. They could have had p&j's because the best part was getting to hold the babies (although, Charles, the burgers were tasty). I recommend that you have a girlfriend have twins if you have little girls that love babies. It works out great! We left there very late but how fun to end your weekend with friends or family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Martha, I loved catching up on your blog and seeing all the neat pics! I love covered bridges, they are sooo neat! It looks like some FUN family time!
I wanted to thank you for the neat idea of making little tubes to cover my electrical cords. I had heard of that, but had forgotten. I promptly went material shopping and got some maroon material to match my couches and covered all my ugly electrical cords in my living room. I posted a pic under my latest post, of the same little table with the cords covered this time. =) THANKS!
Have a great day,
Love, Heather
Looks like you had a great time...You should be a "pro-camper" by this weekend! (I am rather looking forward to our outing...I think it will be fun!I know it's supposed to be warm which is great...hopefully the bees won't be too bad.)I am sure you enjoyed being with your family again! I know the kids love being with Grandpa and Grandma Kansas!(smile) Fun pictures! See ya tonight!
Sounds like you had a really great time. Loved the pictures. Camping sounds like a lot of fun. I saved one of your pictures for a desktop. See you tonight...bft
Hi Martha, it was so good to catch up with you and read your blog. It sounds like you had a really great time with your mom and dad. I'm sure you guys had a great time camping too. Thanks for letting me tag along!
Post a Comment